Friday, December 15, 2017

Handmade Christmas Day 6 A Wood Snowman



It is snowing tonight so the boys will be excited to build a real snowman tomorrow. In the meantime though I made this cute wood snow man for our porch. I did this project pretty much on my own but it is simple enough for the kids to help with.

For this project I used:
A piece of wood that I painted white my wood was about 5" wide and 33" long.
Small medium and large pom poms
Buttons
Hat
Scrap of material for scarf.
Sticks
Glue
Fake snow if you don't have any real snow

Once my paint dried I put the snowman's hat on. I used an infant (3-6 month size) that I found in the winter clothes box that of course no longer fits either of the boys. I then glued on the face. I used large pom poms for the eyes and nose and small and medium for the month.
I then glued on his scarf and buttons and last his arms. I thought he would be cute in this pot that is on the front porch and since there wasn't any snow in it yet I sprinkled some fake snow in the pot with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment