Monday, October 14, 2019

Desk makeover

I bought this desk at a yard sale it will be used for a sewing/craft table. It is a little bigger and and more sturdy than the one I am currently using but was in need of a makeover. For the top I sanded off the finish and stained it wit Rust-oleum wood stain in ebony. I then put on a couple of coats of a clear finish using Polycrylic by Minwax I like to use this as a protective coat because it is water based and has low odor.



For the pulls I used black spray paint and for the desk Cowgirl Coral by DIY paint. This paint is a chalk/clay mix it goes on smooth and covers in only 1 or 2 coats and no sanding is required! I bought mine at a local shop that is a distributor for more DIY paints and inspiration visit:

The Withered Barn


No comments:

Post a Comment