Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Colorful Kid's room



We have been working on many house projects here lately. All of which I am excited to share with you. The first and most fun one that I would like to share is my son's room. I wanted something fun and colorful but I don't do fancy and complicated designs when painting so this was an easy way to add some color with a design simple enough for me to do!

For this project you will need:
pencil
ruler
paint
fine tip artist paint brush
foam or regular paint brush

The walls were just white in the room so first step was to paint the walls a different solid color the other bedrooms are a light gray so this is what color I had for this room too! It needed a fun splash of color though so next using some other paint colors I had made the design

I used a 16"x 20" canvas to mark my circle so using the long side (your ruler would work too :) ) I made a mark at 20" going down the wall in the corner and along the top next to ceiling.


After I marked the corners at the 20" down the side in corner and 20" from corner on top I made a curved line connecting the marks.

starting in the corner and working the ruler along the line I made marks with the pencil 4" from the curved line.

I then had little marks on the wall that I connected with a curved line. from that line I made the next the line 6" away making that part that gets painted slightly larger than the gap in between. the next line is 4" away again and the next one 6" again


The pencil marks are hard to see in the photos but the design is now drawn on and I am ready to paint first I used the fine tip brush to paint the first curved line then filled it in between the line and corners.


Once the first half circle was filled in I traced the next two lines with the next color and painted between those two lines.


Traced the next two lines with the third color and fill in between I let it dry then did a quick second coat. I love how this turned out and it was pretty simple to do If I can do this you can too!









No comments:

Post a Comment