Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Perfectly Imperfect


The Other day on my run this rock caught my eye



I thought "that rock looks like a heart" and kept going something though made me turn around and pick it up. I looked closer and realized it didn't look as much like a heart as I thought it did at a first glance. Still in that rock I could see the shape of heart and was intrigued so I run with it the rest of the home with my thoughts going to why this rock was intriguing to me. It is not a perfect heart but perfectly imperfect like us. It has some broken pieces that cannot be replaced but now is a part of what it has become and shaped it. It has things added on that look as though they were not there to begin with, maybe a blessing that made it grow or maybe a burden that it carries with it. This beautiful rock was a picture in my mind what the heart of our soul might look like. It would not look like the perfectly formed hearts we try to draw on paper or the perfectly shaped boxes filled with goodies that we can buy this time year but it still would look like a heart it still represents love because love is what our soul is it is what it needs most and what it responds to best if that is what it knows and is fed. So my desire is to just show more kindness and love to all I meet because while I can't always see at first glance what pieces of heart may be broken off or what burdens it might bear but I can see a heart that loves and needs kindness and love and to me that looks perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment